Encore has this week responded to Government advice in respect to Coronavirus. This is a changing situation as you will all appreciate, but we hope that the following is a useful summary of where we are at as of today:
- Youth Music – All Youth Music band, orchestra and ensemble rehearsals and concerts are cancelled until the end of May (end of this season)
- All other events such as the rock and pop day on 21st March and the Youth Orchestra performance with ESO are all cancelled
- All adult and community services are cancelled until further notice (Garrick Singers, Singing for Lung Health, Yam Jams, NHS Choir, National Star College Choir, Wellsprings/MIND etc).
- The Early Hurly Burly (Early Years with 5 Local Authority Areas) project is cancelled with immediate effect
- As schools are closed for majority of pupils, then we are unable to run our wider opportunities (whole class ensemble) lessons in schools
- Accredited Teachers who provided peripatetic instrumental and vocal lessons will be making their own arrangements with schools and parents. Some schools who are remaining open are allowing these lessons to continue, with parents bringing their children into school just for the lesson. Others are developing online lessons using SKYPE/Zoom etc. Please contact your Accredited Teacher for more information
- We are aiming to keep the office open to enable instruments to continue to be collected and returned. If you intend coming in, please give the office a call just to check that someone is in so that you don’t have a wasted journey.
- Due to most staff working from home, it is best to email us and we can forward your query to the right person firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep an eye on our website for updates